Sunday, February 20, 2011

Older and Wiser...

I must say-after turning 30 last week-I feel a little older...and a little wiser.

I took a few days off from texting-facebooking-blogging etc.
Really anything techno.
(I did say thanks on FB for birthday wishes though)

I had a great birthday weekend.
Yes it was a birthday weekend.
Started Thursday-ended Saturday.

It was nice.

We decided to head out of town to visit my sister and her family.
My sister is my very best friend.
There is no one like her and I would do anything for her. Seriously.
I knew if I was with her on my birthday- it HAD to be good.
My dream would be to live next door to her.
Then I wouldnt have to text or call her so much :)
I could also squeeze my little nieces cheeks everyday.

About 40 minutes into our short road trip our oldest daughter got very cranky.
I offered her crackers, water, etc.
She rejected it.

Then she burped really loud. (she said excuse me:) )
We laughed for about 5 seconds and then realized...something was not right.
Ill spare you the details...but she got super car sick and we spent about 20 minutes
on some random off highway street cleaning up the car, her, and Philip.
Glad I was driving...or the puke wouldve been on me!

Poor little baby girl...

And poor little sister! Thankfully she was out of the line of fire (puke).
But she did not like it!
She shouted like she was screaming stop! stop!
Then she started making the puke noises...like she was left out.
Little bugar :)

Philip sat in the back the rest of the trip and she slept snuggled next to him.

I feel bad for her-she inherited my car sick gene:(

The rest of the weekend was so fun.
Lots of laughing...lots of food...and lots of enjoying time together.
Cousins played...cousins haggled over toys...but it was sweet.

Philip got me new bakeware which I LOVE.
He also gave me a new snuggly bed for Hewlett! (OK it was a laptop case)

My sister made me two birthday cakes and her family gave me the cutest
coffee mug and plate to eat yummy treats on.

I loved every minute.

The rest of the weekend was so fun.

Ill share more with pics soon...my camera is elsewhere and it has all the fun pics.

Turning 30 is probably one of the best feelings Ive had in a long time.
I cant describe it.
But I love it.

Stay away 40. Im sooo not ready for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment