Thursday, February 24, 2011

Just a few words...

Today started off just really weird.

The girls woke us up almost an hour early.
Our oldest daughter ( like always) comes into our room giggling quietly. "snuggle Daddy?" she says.
He helps her onto our bed and she lays with us a few minutes. "Mommy will change my diaper?"
My cue for the day to begin.
Another cue for potty training....which is not going well at all. we will leave it at that :)

I loved the rain. We all did. For most people it makes them want to lay in bed all day.
For me...it gives me energy to get out and enjoy it.

We went shopping a little...jumped in a LOT of puddles. Rain is just fun sometimes!

Tonight was challenging though. Philip worked this evening and I was already so tired from being up early and not getting a good nap. (Being pregnant...I try to nap a few times a week when the girls do)

The girls wore me out tonight. They werent "bad" or misbehaving. They were being what they are.
A toddler and a preschooler.

Bedtime came a little early for them...mostly due to my exhaustion and being on the verge of an emotional breakdown.

I dont do well when I am tired. I feel sick and I cry a lot...it is really weird.

My sister called...and we chatted for a while.
Have I ever mentioned how much I love my sister??? She totally lifts me up and encourages me.
Makes sure that  I know Im not a bad mother because I didnt read a bedtime story tonight. (We usually read for at least 30 minutes).

We chatted about due dates...what we need to do before the babies come.
She only has a couple of weeks left...the anticipation is so fun!

Philip called me on his breaks... He encouraged me telling me its OK that blocks are all over the living room floor. That its OK to rest...housework will find itself tomorrow.

Tomorrow...my schedule is as follows:
Enjoy my day, enjoy my husband, enjoy my girls, no housework, no "to do lists". Eat some really good food. Take a nap. Snuggle my girls and read as many books as they want.

I think I can accomplish that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment