Saturday, February 5, 2011

Go get this now...



Ok so our "Snowpocolypse/Snowmageddon/Blizzard 2011" has really gotten the best of me.

I knew that once we were snowed in I would want yummy food.
Its just how I function when Im cold.
And stuck inside for days.
And biggo preggo.

I gave myself a "pass" this week to indulge a little and eat foods that sound good.

Ive got about 9 weeks left of pregnancy and have ONLY gained 17 lbs.
(I'll admit I gained 4 of the lbs in the last two weeks)
My strange body decides to gain it all in the last trimester.
I gained 52 lbs with my 2nd baby...so I think Im ok right now.

My dad gave me this cookbook during Christmas 2009.
If you dont have it...
GO GET IT ASAP.

It is super fun to read-easy to follow recipes with PICS-and each recipe is melt in your mouth amazing yummy in your tummy.


Most recipes call for things you probably already have.
Pantry staples...Oh yes...the pantry staples that sit there and wait to be used.

I made buttermilk biscuits Tuesday...

Mine did not look like that because I didnt cut them. I just rolled them and stuck them in the pan.
still yummy...just really really ugly.
no picture...I have no clue why I didnt take a picture.
busy eating I guess : )

Warning: the recipes in this book are NOT meant to be healthy.
They are clearly not the choice for everyday eating...for me anyways.

They are good for special occasions...like Blizzards:)

Disclaimer: my kids do not eat these recipes either.
If you know me at all...my kids do not eat "normal". They think french fries are toys.
They ask for salad for breakfast.
They want peaches for dessert.
(success in my book)
haha!

For those of you who love homecooked food thats just plain good.
Get this book.
Today.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard that book is good, looks like I need to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister was just asking me yesterday if I follow her blog. weird

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have it Laura. If you don't follow her blog, go look her up. Google Pioneer Woman. Part of blog is recipes and most of them are very good. She also does, homeschooling, photography, gardening (I think) and the regular blog. She has a book coming out soon called "High Heels to Tractor Wheels" or something like it and it has already been picked up for a movie. It is about her meeting and marrying her husband. She lives in Pawhuska but I'm sure you know that. I think you would enjoy her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see her interview on the news? I only got a bit of it. I would love to be in her home when she cooks...love her recipes!

    ReplyDelete