Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Housework...

I normally follow a schedule of housework chores...grocery shopping..laundry etc.

it used to look like this:
Monday:laundry, change bedding
Tuesday: dust vacuum
Wednesday: iron, clean bathrooms
Thursday: grocery day and plan weekly menu
Friday: mop
Saturday and Sunday-have fun

Being 31weeks pregnant with 2 girls age 3 and 22 months...
That schedule flew out the window a LONG time ago.

Sometimes my daily accomplishment is getting a shower for myself.

I do 3 things consistently every single day:
feed the girls (and myself and Philip) healthy meals
bathe girls
load and run the dishwasher every night

laundry is ongoing instead of one day a week(Which drives me nuts!)

I havent seen my iron in about 3 months

I do sweep the kitchen 2-3 times a day
but vacuum the house??? ummmm lets NOT go there

Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a clean and tidy house all the time.
If that were true..my life would be so boring.

I LOVE the messes that are made and that I get to clean them up.  
I LOVE that my home is "lived in" and its comfortable.
I LOVE that every single room has traces of my kids...even if it is a rubber duck swimming in the toilet.
I LOVE that the kitchen is USED and I GET to make yummy meals for them.
I LOVE that when I get my girls up from naps...they have all the stuffed animals lined up for story time and my oldest is asleep on the floor from reading.


Sometimes at the end of the day I look at my living room and see a random shoe on the couch
and leftover blocks that didnt make it to the bin.
I notice a little crayon mark on the tile and a dried grape underneath the kitchen table.

I just pick it up and wipe the messes.

I go into my girls room everynight at least 5 times just to look at them.
Oh boy they are precious little angels.

I LOVE housework.
I GET to "redo" everything many times a week.
I have the HONOR of caring for my children each day.
I receive JOY when the pile of broken crayons lays on top of a heart drawn by my 3 year old.

I wouldnt want to do anything more.

There will be a day when I have a clean and tidy house.
I dont even want to think about it.
I like my housework.

its not just housework to be done.
Its life that is lived.
Blessings that are received.

Dear Housework...I welcome you to stay as long as you like.






4 comments:

  1. Laura: You have got it right, friend! Treasure every moment that have with them at home - I was blessed to be a stay-at home mom for many years with my boys! They will grow up and move away before you hardly blink, and then your house will be quiet and clean and you might find yourself wishing for a little chaos, noise, and messes!
    Love you - you're a good Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post brought tears to my eyes! I have decided to stay home with our new little one, and I LOVE it! Thank you for those precious words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You really spoke to me today...thank you so much! I love taking care of family, it is a blessing and I need to remember that it is a privelege to take care of them. If you need anything please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you aweep 2-3 times a DAY! I'm impressed. great blog about housework. I used to have a perfect schedule on a 3x5 card that I followed. It's now buried on my desk. I don't wash our sheets often enough & I don't remember the last time I cleaned an entire bathroom all at once. it bugs me but oh well. right now i'm holding a sleeping baby in my arms, typing 1 handed, enjoying my computer time. :)

    ReplyDelete