Friday, February 4, 2011

From my heart...

I know that so far I haven't really been "deep" or super emotional so far with my blog.
Today is a little more "deep" and just a tad bit longer.


This month has been a tough month for me.
It seems like this month is already dragging...Im ready for April.
Although, I am seeing that it is making me stronger at the same time.
All four days of it.

For those of you who know me well...you know where Im coming from.
For those of you who know me a little..you will be able to relate.

I've been trying to keep busy. (Like a 3 yr old and 22 month old dont keep me on my toes :) )

Anyways.

Im trying more than ever to be "present".
Present in my marriage.
Present in every moment of my girls sweet little lives.
Present while the little life is miraculously growing inside of me.
Present in being sensitive to what God has for me each moment.

It brings me back to one word.

Thankful.
Such a huge word said so much by so many.

I am so very thankful.
Thankful for the very place I am in today.
Thankful that Jesus flipped my life upside down this past year...only to make it right side up.
Thankful that the ones I am closest to have been with me every step of the road Im on.
Thankful that God is WHO He says He IS!
That we can BELIEVE His promises!

I am also thankful for suffering.
Without suffering...I would not know my Lord's tenderness and deep love He has for me.

I have had a lot of people ask me
"If you could go back in time and change your life...would you?"

My answer. Never. Never. Never.
What I have experienced has made me who I am.
My deepest desire in life is to know Jesus more and to draw closer to Him.
If I had to suffer and endure the same thing over again...I would in a heartbeat.
Just to know Him more is worth any amount of suffering.

Do I want to suffer? Not one bit.
But God never said we wouldn't suffer.
He never promised it would be easy.
He promised He would carry us and never leave us alone.

Im thankful for that.
Thankful for His promise that He is with me.

"Remember the Lord. Remember who is in control. Remember His goodness in the past.
Remember God's closeness in the present. Remember His power for the FUTURE."
Max Lucado






No comments:

Post a Comment