Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A small project...

In my last post I said Ive been nesting like crazy.
I didnt do that when I was pregnant with my girls.

My favorite kind of project is one that doesn't cost a lot.

We built our house about 18 months ago and I have been sloooooowly decorating.

I have probably done more in the past two months than the entire time we have been here.

Anyways...here is what I worked on this past Monday.
Simple..but really pretty and homey...I like homey and comfy decorations.


Old plate from an antique store. I really wasn't looking for this color...but it was all I could find for a good price.
I got three for $1.50 altogether :)



My mom gave me this plate rack which has been sitting in my closet for a few months.
I like it a lot.

I realize that the plate colors do not contrast much against my wall color.
(Im not brave enough to paint my house yet.)
So...I added a ribbon at the top to add a little color to it.
Ribbon that I had
in my tub of fabric and ribbons.

And it made its home right above my trash bin.
(The trash bin is handmade by my friends father. I was at her house and I couldnt stop talking about
how I wanted a trash bin like hers. So her Daddy made me one! And we had never even met!)

I know its not everyones style-but I like it.
It makes me feel like Im at home.
A little old fashioned...but to me its pretty.

All for 50 cents.

not too bad huh?

Go to an antique store...you never know what you will find for almost no money at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment