Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Potty training....

I think this is the longest Ive gone without posting.

It has been very busy here at my home.

We have been potty training.

Intense potty training.

Not by my choice.

We have actually been potty training for a few months...just not this intense.
I thought it would never happen
but I learned that when they are ready...they will do it.
And she must be ready.


Monday morning Brooklyn got up and said she wanted panties on.
I said OK...lets do it.
We have done that dance before. For over three months!!!

Put panties on, pee in panties, put her on potty, put clean panties on, pee in panties, etc. etc.

Monday was different.
She did not like it when her panties were wet.
We went through about 5 pair within 2 hours.
So I decided to let her go bare bottom.

We have done that before too and she would pee all over and not even care!

Monday she did NOT want pee on herself.
So she tried to hold it...
she cried and wimpered holding her legs together.

SO I knew she had to go.
I waited till it was constant and knew she could hardly hold it anymore.

We ran to the potty...and within about 40 minutes.
SHE PEED in the POTTY!
Not the potty chair...the toilet.!!!!!!
She prefers the toilet!!!!

The hard part..
She knows she needs to go but holds it as long as she can.
Then when she cant hold it any longer-she starts crying and screaming.

I have to bear hug her and hold her down on the potty so the pee will go in the potty!
(Not easy when almost 9 months pregnant).

Each time she goes...she cries a little less...screams a little less and goes a little faster.
Tonight she even got me out of bed to pee in the potty because she didnt want a wet diaper.
YAY!!!!
She also woke up from her nap DRY!
We went to the potty and she peed!

There have been a couple of times that pee got all over her, me, the floor and the toilet.
Not fun to clean that mess.
But hey-if it takes a few messes to get it goin...Im willing.

We have special potty treats while she is waiting to pee.
We have coloring books, stickers and her favorite...we let her use markers!
(washable and non-toxic)
Marker has gotten all over her and me and the toilet.
But again...Ill clean it up if it means it helps her.

I am utterly exhausted.
All other house activities have been put on hold.
I am in bed more when they are because every ounce of energy is going into this process.

I know this is a lot of detail and I dont blame you if you stopped reading after the first line :)

I had to document this...my blog is sorta my journal.

I have to give credit to Philip too...when he is here off of work he takes her to the potty.
(Saves my energy for when he goes to work)
Whoever is not doing potty time takes care of Natalie...she is next :)

Maybe I will have two potty trained girls before little boy arrives???
Im happy with just one potty trained.

Sheesh...Im just thrilled she finally went!
My little three year old :)

OK...well I'm calling it a day.
Thanks for letting me share my experience.

Its not easy...but worth it.

Have a great Wednesday!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment