Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Time to Every Purpose...

OK...just look at this sweet precious face.
A face that I GET to see almost all day everyday!

Makes me wanna sneak into her room right now and watch her sleep!








Halloween!
Disclaimer: I did not let my child eat the skittles...she was munchin on her paci...a more satisfying treat:)

Which brings me to tell you that there is a time for everything.

This week was a time to say goodbye to the paci...and not by my choice let me tell ya.

Last Sunday it was bedtime and I could not find a paci anywhere throughout the house. Both girls and I were searching and I was praying that we would find one. Being 27 weeks pregnant and my husband working nights...I did not feel like breaking the paci habit that night.

Too bad for me...and my little one.

I rocked her a long time, put her to bed with a favorite book and bear and said "night night baby girl"

And she screamed...for two hours straight.
wimper-scream-cry over and over.

I would try to console her but it didnt work. I just went in every 20 minutes to reassure her I was home and I had to let her scream.

She wore herself out and fell asleep.

For about three nights the screaming got shorter and shorter.

Now...we are paci free!!!!!
And no fuss about it!

Now-I will say I wasnt ready to let it go either.
She used it to sleep and it made her feel better when she was insecure (mainly around big crowds).

But it sure is nice not to have to crawl on the floor in the middle of the night when it falls out of her bed.

Now Im off to eat a yummy cinnamon roll my cutie husband gave me!




No comments:

Post a Comment