Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A little acccountability...

I am writing this post as sort of an accountability post.

Before kids I was a decent normal weight, size, etc.

post kids...Its just not that way.
permanent stretch marks on my belly (and thighs).
A little more "junk in the trunk" (ive heard that term a lot recently)
back pain
wider hips
bags under the eyes
etc


however, I do feel so sad that I am not as healthy as I could be.

My body is interesting because after each baby...I lost all the weight I gained within four weeks.
Im talking 52 lbs with Natalie
35 lbs with Nathan
(With Brooklyn I never wanted to know the lb number)
My metabolism kicks into high gear postpartum...its nuts.

Since losing my weight with Nathan...I have gained 7 lbs back.
Thats 7 pounds above PRE pregnancy weight.

How can this be??
Im nursing and burning crazy amount of calories that way.
Ive been running for a couple of months now.
(I am now more consistent)

The scale is not budging.

I have thyroid issues but according to the Dr...my hormone levels are not easy to read because I am nursing and still in the postpartum stage.
(Nathan is only 4 months old)
So my thyroid problems are still up in the air...
and apparently I have to wait 6 months longer to see what direction (treatment)
the Dr wants to take.
Still not sure about that whole thing.

Anyways...
I am super excited and motivated to get into the best shape possible for ME.
I am not interested in being model thin or superbody builder.

I want to be healthy.
For myself
for my kids
for my husband
and mostly because God gave me this body to take care of and
I feel sooo thankful that I have the resources to make it healthy!

What are you doing to keep yourself healthy?
I would love to hear...maybe you can think of something I am not thinking of.

the only thing I can think that I am lacking...and out of my control...is sleep.
I know I do not get enough sleep.
Maybe one day :)




1 comment:

  1. You are speaking my brain right now. I just wrote in my journal those exact things!!!! I want to not only eat healthy, but live healthy as a model for my kids, and so my kids can be healthy. I am so glad you are here, we can be accountablity to one another!

    ReplyDelete