Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Consequences...

I really really really do not like "punishing" my girls.

I always try to come up with a way to
creatively discipline them.

Such as the following:

*When I walk into their room thinking they are napping just to find the entire closet of clothes pulled out into a big pile on the floor. Each girl is wearing ridiculous outfits...mismatched shoes and at least thre pairs of training panties on their heads.
Punishment: I make them clean up the entire mess...I along with them...taking at least an hour.
Does that punishment work? No. It is fun...putting clothes on hangers and folding a hundred pairs of socks.

*When I notice Natalie is awefully quiet. I hunt her down to find her looking authentically albino...covered from eyelashes to shoulders to her scalp in DESITIN.
Punishment: an hour of scrubbing herself (actually me scrubbing her) and figuring out that not even DAWN dish soap will "cut the grease".
Does that punishment work? No. Desitin is fun...its white...and it sticks to you like glue.

*When there is crayon all over the walls.
Punishment: scrubbing the walls.
Does it work? No. She did it again...brought me a wet cloth and asked me to help her clean. Again...Natalie.

Did I take pictures?
Um yes.
Did I laugh?
Definately.
Do I wish they never would have committed such crimes??
NOPE.
Memories dear friends.

I dont care how messy it is...
one day they will understand.

When they have kids...
So I will wait.
I will patiently scrub them down when they get messy.
I will mop blueberry juice off the floor.
They will enjoy cleaning with me.

Punishment??
I dont want to crush their spirit.
They are curious.
It gets the best of them.
Why get angry???
Dont we want them to learn??

Now...blatent disobedience is a different story.
For a different day.
On a different post.



No comments:

Post a Comment