Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spread too thin?

My girls are so unpredictable right now.

I am home with them during the day while Philip works.

Honestly...they are GREAT.
They play nicely together (usually).
They eat what I fix them no problem.
They pick up the toys.
They obey...for the most part. Still learning that one.

But....
if ANYONE comes over...it all changes.
They suddenly become crankier.
They are harder to please.
They get louder.
They dont get along.

Philip put them to bed without me tonight.
Last night I was up all night with contractions.
(no baby yet)

My Dr told me to go to bed...and for somone else to put them in bed.
We usually do it as a team.
(Although Philip worked nights for a year so I did it alone)

It was horrible listening to it.
Natalie was fine.
Brooklyn....ohhhhh Brooklyn.
Threw a 30 minute tantrum screaming for me.
We decided for me to stay in bed...she has to get used to it right?
Oh man.

Sometimes things like this discourage me.
I wonder what I do wrong?

Its so hard.

Age three is soooooo much harder than two.

What will happen when my baby comes next week and I am not able to put them to bed
for a while???

Screaming fits everynight?

Oh dear.

Im praying they will feel Gods peace...and somehow know that
I love them.



3 comments:

  1. Two weeks. You must stay strong. Kids don't like change at all. But you must do this every night and do not give in to the screams or you will set yourself and them back every time you do. I know it is hard. I am so sorry that you have to deal with this especially now. =( Good luck. You are not a bad mom. You did nothing wrong. This is just a part of change, and change is good, even change that feels so crappy and frustrating at first.
    GOOD LUCK!!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. They will be just fine. She will have to adjust and there is nothing wrong with it. These strong willed kiddos will test you because they don't like change, but change is a fact of life:) hang in there mama your doing what's right. Remember you HAVE to take care of yourself as well... and if you don't take care of you, you cannot take care of everyone else:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! Three is definately harder than two! It is so hard to lay there and listen to her cry, but she is okay, she knows she is loved, it is just hard. Focus on taking care of yourself and your little boy. Everything has a way of working out...God is in control, knows your needs, knows her needs and is going to meet them every step of the way! Love you!

    ReplyDelete