Saturday, March 3, 2012

Because of what it means...

Yesterday was a tragic day for a lot of people in the southern states.

If you know me very well...or even a little...you might know that I am very, very afraid of tornadoes.
I have always been afraid.
I have always had a "respective fear" of tornadoes...meaning I never take severe weather lightly.

And yesterday proves to me once again...why I feel this way.
It also confirms that we made a good choice in ordering a safe room that cannot get here fast enough.
(Just 3-4 more weeks)
Thankfully I have the sweetest neighbors ever...and if the weather gets so bad I can at least get my babies in her safe room. Thank you sweet neighbor.

I don't even feel comfortable writing the words I feel about what happened yesterday.
Lives lost.
Homes destroyed.
People hurting.
No way to prevent it.
Children
Mommas
daddys
the devastation of it all

my heart is heavy and hurting so

Tonight as I got my girls ready for bed, I soaked up the sweetness.
I praised God that I was there with them...in that moment.
Some people lost that yesterday.
I still have it.
I have my babies to hold.
My home is still in tact, toys everywhere, bottles needing cleaned, striped socks left by the back door.
I am leaving it all there (maybe not the bottles).
But tonight...it stays. I need to see the mess. because of what it means.

It means I have my babies sleeping just feet away from me while I type.
I have my family.

I'll take the mess and look at it with love. With thankfulness.

Because of what it means.

1 comment: