Wednesday, October 26, 2011

comfort food...im a sucker

So when it turns cold I get in the mood for warm foods and sometimes they arent so healthy.
I was trying to figure out what to have for dinner last night and found some potatoes my mom gave me because she had too many.
free potatoes? I have to use them!
So I made this for dinner last night...easy on the budget too! YUMMO! :)

Easy potato soup

We dont eat a lot of white potatoes....and a major reason is because I do not like to peel them. And generally we like sweet potatoes better.

I take 5-6 potaoes the size of my fist. Scrub, peel and cut up into fairly large chunks.
Add some water (do not cover the potatoes completely) and bring to a boil.
Continue to cook for about 20 minutes
add 1 cup of milk
add 1/4 onion finely chopped
add lots of black pepper
dried parsley or chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional if you dont have either)
add 2-3 cloves minces garlic
add a little salt

conitnue to cook on medium for about 30 minutes.

Its fantastic. we love it and its comforting and warm and its a good healthier meal for the cooler days!

Hope you like it!

We are loving the weather today...cloudy with some rain and a cool breeze. Yay for fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment